BECOME A DRIVING INSTRUCTOR
If you’re interested in an alternative career, and are a confident, experienced driver aged 22 or over, you have the potential to earn up to 50k a year as a driving instructor.
At the English School of Motoring, we aim to recruit the best possible driving instructors, and sometimes this means sourcing people who possess the right qualities but require training. It is important for us to recruit those with the potential to become excellent driving instructors, as our impeccable reputation rests on our team.
The instructor course itself is a structured combination of theory-based learning, one-to-one theory based training and on-the-road practical sessions. The length of the course is between 6 and 18 months, the timescale is dependent upon individual learning pace and personal commitments.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AND DO
- You must be over 21
- Have held a full driving licence for at least 3.5 years (and have not been disqualified)
- Commit to at least five hours a week to train as an instructor
- Must be able to read a number plate from 27.5m
- Have an enhanced Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) check.
- Have patience; some pupils learn faster than others
- Good communication skills.
- Points holders, be aware the Driving Standards Agency may reject your application
Getting Started with Driving Instructor Training
You need to complete the full approved driving instructor (ADI) training. This qualification exists in 3 parts.:
- A computer-based theory and hazard perception test
- Practical driving ability test
- Practical instruction ability test
You have two years to pass all three and can have as many attempts as required at the theory. Only allowed three attempts at each practical test within those two years are prohibited.
English School of Motoring Instructor Training
We want you to be an excellent driving instructor. Our reputation rests on you which is why the standards of our training are the highest. The course is a combination of home-based theory learning, one to one theory based learning and on the road practical sessions. Instructor training can take anywhere between six and eighteen months depending upon the pace at which you learn and your personal commitments. The course is supported by a range of books, CDs and audio clips. English School of Motoring are an Ordit Trainer which meets the Official Register of the Driving Standards Agency; you will only find that a limited list of companies have this additional qualification. Please note that a non-refundable deposit will be required.
The Benefits of Becoming an English School of Motoring Instructor
- Freedom to be your own boss
- Choose your own working hours
- Opportunity to earn £45,000 – £50,000 OTE per annum
- Meet new people
- Job satisfaction
- Interest-free credit available
Become a driving instructor and benefit from the freedom of working flexible hours with a high earning potential. We offer driving instructor courses throughout the North East. If you want to earn between £35,000 – £40,000 OTE per annum, Meet new people and choose your own working hours then becoming an instructor gives you all of that and more.
Contact us to find a training plan that meets your needs.
If you are going to start working for yourself as a driving instructor HMRC have designed an e-learning product to help you. It includes sections on:
- Advising HMRC you have become self-employed
- Advice on why keeping accurate business records will help claim expenses and tax
- How to pay Income Tax and NI contributions to HMRC
This e-learning tool also includes some great practical case studies on growing your business, including VAT and recruiting staff.
If you want to be a driving instructor in Hartlepool, Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Stockton, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Redcar or anywhere else in the North East, look no further. English School of Motoring can help!